Firefield Emissary Binocular Series Manual (FF12005, FF12021G, FF12022G)
• Multi-coated optics
• Rubber armored
• Carrying case
• Lens cloth
2) Objective lens
3) Diopter adjustments
4) Central focusing knob
5) Neck strap eyelet
6) Interpupillary distance
The focus dial allows the Emissary Binoculars to deliver a clear, sharp image. To focus the image:
1. Turn the central focus dial (3) until the image is focused. Make sure the image is always well focused as this will prevent eye fatigue.
Interpupillary distance is the measurement of the distance between the binocular’s eyepieces. The binocular’s hinge design allows the binoculars to be adjusted to accommodate different users. To adjust the interpupillary distance (6):
1. Look through the binoculars and locate an object in the distance on which to focus.
2. Move the binocular tubes apart or close together until the object in focus becomes one singular image.
Adjusting the diopter balances the focus of the left and right viewing fields. The Firefield Emissary binocular’s adjustment ring (3)
is located on the right eyepiece. To adjust for diopter:
1. Rotate the adjustment ring (3) until the image becomes crisp and sharp.
2. Once set, the diopter setting should stay the same unless the binocular’s operator changes.
To use the provided neck strap, place one end of the strap through the neck strap eyelet (5) located on the side of the binocular.
Place the strap’s end through the plastic adjustment strap. Next, attach and tighten the loose loop ends to secure the pieces
together. Finally, place the strap around the neck and adjust the length.
Proper maintenance of the Firefield Emissary binoculars is recommended to ensure longevity. It is recommended that when the binocular becomes dirty that it is wiped down with a dry or slightly damp cloth. Blow dirt and debris off all optics and then clean lenses with a lens cleaning cloth. To remove oils or dried water spots, apply a small amount of denature alcohol to a lens cloth or cotton swab. Clean the surface of the lens and let dry. Finally use your breath to clean the lens once more. To protect the
binocular store it in the protective padded case when not in use. No further maintenance is required. Do not attempt to disassemble any components of the binocular.
Cover with the objective lens and the eyepiece with the included lens covers. For long-term storage, place the binocular in a cool, dry and ventilated area.
Before handling the Firefield Emissary binoculars read and understand the contents of the Firefield manual.
• Avoid hitting or dropping the unit
• NEVER look directly into the sun or at other bright light sources with the binocular as this could damage your eye and cause blindness.
Proper authorization is required before shipping any product back to Firefield. Failure to obtain authorization could result in your product being returned to the wrong address, lost, or damaged. Firefield is not liable for products returned without authorization.
The image is blurry and not in focus:
1. Rotate the focus dial until the image becomes clear and sharp.
2. Remove any dust or oil off the objective lens or eyepiece.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact Firefield Technical Support by calling 817.790.9862 or by filling out a form here.